Traffic Jam is a real, ‘Brain Buster’ that requires a lot thinking and communication. This challenge is very similar to a human chess game. The group is split in 2, with both sides working together to complete the challenge. Cooperation and planning are essential to complete this task.
- Cones/Floor Markers
Space Required: Minimal/Low. Delivered either indoors or outdoors.
Group Size: 8-12 participants. No more than 20 (even numbers only)
Total Time: 55 mins
- 5 minute brief and set up
- 40 minutes to achieve outcome
- 10 minutes Review
- Split participants into two smaller groups (Side A and B).
- Both groups must line up vertically (one behind the other) with A facing B and vice-versa.
- Everyone should have a cone next to them with a free space in the centre separating the two sides.
- The goal of the game is to get side A to side B and Side B to side A, all facing forward.
Rules are as follows.
- No moving backwards
- A person can only move forward to an empty space
- A person can not “jump over” their own team mate
- Only one person may move at a time
- One spot per person, no sharing
- If any of these rules are broken, the group must begin again
Start Order: A B C D – 1 2 3 4
End Order: 1 2 3 4 – A B C D
Traffic Jam Team Building Solution
Answer/Solution Sheet (Download PDF)
- Effective Planning
- Reviewing Performance