- Split participants into two
- Both of these groups must be
in a vertical line (one behind the other) with side a and b facing each
other with a free space in between separating the groups.
- All participants should have
a cone next to them and there should be a free cone in the centre.
- The goal of the game is to
get side A to side B and Side B to side A, all facing forward
Rules are as follows.
- No moving backwards
- A person can only move
forward to an empty space
- A person can not “jump over”
their own team mate
- Only one person may move at a
- One spot per person, no
- If any of these rules are
broken, the group must begin again
Starting Order .
Ending Order .
Download the solution
- Traffic Jam is a real, "Brain
Buster" that requires much thinking and communication. This exercise is
very similar to a human chess game. Group members are split in 2 groups
and have to cross each other in this challenge based Team Building
activity. Cooperation and planning are essential to complete this task.
- 8-12 participants. No more
than 20 in a group (even numbers only)
Total time - 55 mins
- 5 minute intro and setup
- 40 minutes activity time
- 10 minutes review
- Strong communication
- Ability to work with others
- Planning and evaluation