Participants work together to build the tallest free-standing tower with the resources provided by the facilitator. Learning objectives include: Communication, collaboration and team strategy.
- Paper Cups, plates, bowls
- Pens or pencils
- Paper or cardboard
- Sellotape or masking tape
Space Required: Small. Indoors or outdoors.
Group Size: 8 to 100.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 10 minutes to brief and set up
- 20 minutes to achieve outcome
- 10 minutes to review
Tallest Tower Team Challenge Instructions
- Before the activity, you need to make a batch of supplies for each group. Try and keep these as even as possible.
- Organise the group into smaller teams. Divide your group into teams of 3-7 (depending on the size of your group).
- The objective of the challenge is for participants to work to build the tallest free-standing tower they can with the supplies given. Announce that they will have just twenty minutes for the build.
- Answer any questions that the group may have. Once everyone is happy, let them begin building their tower.
- Once each team has built their tower. Get them to bring their builds forward and begin measuring the builds.
Suggested Learning Outcomes
- Creative thinking
- Time management