Working together as a team, the group have to use their bodies to form letters and words. This challenge is simple to deliver and can be done with no equipment.
Equipment Required: None
Space Required: Small. Indoors or outdoors.
Group Size: 8 to 12 ideally.
Total Time: 20-30 minutes
- 5 minutes to brief and set up
- 10-20 minutes to achieve outcome
- 5 minutes to review and debrief
Human Shapes Team Challenge Instructions
- Find an area free of obstacles and ask participants to spread out
- Start out by asking the participants to make several letters of the alphabet with their body e.g. B, C, D and E.
- Next up, get them to form the words you say e.g. with groups of four people you would do words that have 3 or 4 letters i.e. dog, bird, cat, step and groups of five people words that 4,5 or even 6 letters.
- Finally use a sentence or phrase that allows everyone to be involved.
- You can also split the team into smaller groups and get them to compete against each other.
- Try to make this activity fast paced, so they don’t think too much and are kept energised.
Suggested Learning Outcomes
- Creative thinking
- Support and trust